Transmission System Facts
- Approximately 15,700 circuit miles of transmission lines
operated at 69 kV to 500 kV and approximately 1,500 substations.
- Serves five operating companies: Entergy Arkansas, LLC; Entergy
Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, LLC; Entergy New Orleans,
LLC; and Entergy Texas, Inc.
- Regulated by six regulatory agencies: Federal Energy Regulatory
Commission and retail regulators including the Arkansas Public
Service Commission, the Louisiana Public Service Commission, the
Mississippi Public Service Commission, the City Council for the City
of New Orleans and the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
- Transmission Owner member of the Midcontinent Independent System
Operator (MISO) regional transmission organization. MISO controls
66,000 miles of transmission lines in 15 states and one Canadian
province, covering a footprint of 900,000 square miles from Canada
to the Gulf of Mexico.
- The Entergy operating companies are members of the SERC
Reliability Corporation. SERC serves as a regional entity with
delegated authority from the North American Electric Reliability
Corporation (NERC) for the purpose of proposing and enforcing
reliability standards within the SERC region. SERC is one of eight
regional entities with delegated authority from NERC; the regional
entities and all members of NERC work to safeguard the reliability
of the bulk power systems throughout North America.