Entergy Micro Grant Guidelines
Through Entergy’s Micro Grants Program, we accept requests for up to $1,000 in all program areas: arts and culture; community improvement/enrichment; economic development, education/literacy, environment and healthy families. Applications may be submitted at any time.
In considering requests for grants, priority is placed on programs in specific counties/parishes. Please check the following links to determine if your project is located in an area where Entergy has operations: Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Massachusetts, New York, and Texas. If you have questions about this, please contact the Entergy contributions coordinator in your state.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Google Chrome internet browser is not compatible with Entergy’s grants system. To save and submit your application successfully, you should use Internet Explorer (versions 7 and above) or Firefox with Silverlight.
Micro Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. If you are starting a new application, click here to access and submit an online application form. We strongly suggest that when filling out the application you take advantage of the option to create a personal account so that you can save your application and edit it, if necessary, prior to submission.
Due to changes in tax reporting requirements, all organizations must submit their most current W-9 form with the application. You can access a blank W-9 form at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf?portlet=103.
State and organizational documents are not accepted for verification of eligibility. Only current documents from the Internal Revenue Service are accepted.
If you have already started an application, saved it and created an account, please click here to access your application.
Please make sure to submit your application at least three months prior to the time the requested funds are needed. We receive many applications throughout the year, and we need to allow sufficient time to review each request carefully. Once you have submitted your application online, please allow at least 8 (eight) to 12 (twelve) weeks for review and notification of the result of your request. If by that time Entergy has not contacted you, please feel free to call the appropriate contributions coordinator for your geographic area. (See above list.)
Applications are approved or denied based on application criteria and Entergy’s available resources.
Eligibility and Preferences
Grants from Entergy will only be made to the following types of organizations:
- a state or local government, but only if a donation thereto is made exclusively for public purposes
- a public charity or private foundation that qualifies as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entity
- a school, hospital, governmental unit or religious institution that holds nonprofit status similar to that of 501(c)(3) organizations
- a war-veterans organization that qualifies as a 501(c)(19) tax-exempt entity
- a volunteer fire department that qualifies as a 501(c)(4) tax-exempt entity
Entergy will NOT fund:
- Groups without 501(c)(3) or similar nonprofit status
- Capital project funding (i.e., building campaigns)
- Political candidates or groups
- Purchase of uniforms or trips for school-related organizations
- Amateur sports teams
- Activities whose sole purpose is promotion or support of a specific religion, denomination, or religious institution
- Grants to individuals or loans of any type
- Any organization owned or operated by an employee of Entergy
For more information please call 504-576-6980.