Entergy Corporation (NYSE: ETR) is an integrated energy company engaged in electric power production, transmission and retail distribution operations. Entergy delivers electricity to 3 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy owns and operates one of the cleanest large-scale U.S. power generating fleets with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 8,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, Entergy has annual revenues of $10 billion and more than 13,000 employees.
Business at Entergy
At Entergy, we consistently strive to create sustainable value for our customers, employees, communities and owners. That concentrated focus drives the way we think as an organization. It enables us to effectively navigate through numerous transitions, both revolutionary and evolutionary, and still deliver on our commitments to our stakeholders.
Our two primary business segments include Utility operations and our Entergy Wholesale Commodities business:
The purpose of our Utility business is to grow by providing customers with low-emission, reliable energy at reasonable cost; superior service; a strict focus on safety; operational excellence and engaged employees.
- Entergy's electric utilities generate, transmit, distribute and sell electric power in a four-state service territory that includes portions of Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas and Louisiana, including the city of New Orleans. Entergy also operates natural gas distribution businesses in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.
- Approximately 22,000 MW generating capacity.
- Approximately 15,900 circuit miles of interconnected high-voltage transmission lines.
Entergy Wholesale Commodities
The purpose of our Entergy Wholesale Commodities business is to focus on best-in-class operational efficiency, safety, security and reliability while continually seeking to optimize our portfolio of assets in an ever-dynamic market.
- Two operating nuclear units owned at two sites.
- One gas facility.
- Two coal facilities.
- One nuclear plant managed.
Click here for more information about Entergy Wholesale Commodities.
More Information about Entergy's Scope of Operations:
Entergy Nuclear's fleet headquarters is located in Jackson, Miss. Entergy operates 8 units with 8,000 megawatts of nuclear capacity:
- Arkansas Nuclear One Units 1 and 2 near Russellville, Ark.
- Cooper in Brownville, Neb.*
- Grand Gulf Nuclear Station in Port Gibson, Miss.
- Indian Point Energy Center Unit 3 in Westchester County, N.Y.
- Palisades in Covert, Mich.
- River Bend Station in St. Francisville, La.
- Waterford 3 in Taft, La.
* Owned by Nebraska Public Power District. Entergy provides management services.
Click here for more information about Entergy's nuclear operations.
- The power generation group operates and maintains Entergy's regulated fossil generation fleet. The fleet includes plants that are fully or partially owned by Entergy's utility companies: Entergy Arkansas, LLC; Entergy Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, LLC; Entergy New Orleans, LLC; and Entergy Texas, Inc.
- The 27 active fossil generating plants are spread across Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas, with the capacity to generate more than 19,000 megawatts of power. In 2021, the company plans to acquire an additional power plant in Texas.
- The company has nearly 1,900 megawatts of renewable projects in various stages of development or planning, for which power generation is responsible for operations and maintenance of 136 megawatts.
- Entergy’s power generation group also operates and maintains two petroleum coke-fired units at the Nelson Industrial Steam Company plant near Lake Charles, Louisiana; Toledo Bend Reservoir in Burkeville, Texas, a hydroelectric generating facility owned by the Sabine River Authorities of Texas and Louisiana; and a combined-cycle generating facility owned by East Texas Electric Cooperative and North Texas Electric Cooperative, located near Marshall, Texas.
- Entergy is a leader in clean generation. More than half of the energy we supply to meet utility demand comes from efficient natural gas-fired generation and clean nuclear generation.
Entergy's Transmission Organization consists of the employees and assets used to plan, operate and maintain Entergy’s transmission system. The Entergy transmission system is comprised of the transmission systems of Entergy's operating companies: Entergy Arkansas, LLC; Entergy Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, LLC; Entergy New Orleans, LLC; and Entergy Texas, Inc.
The Entergy transmission system is comprised of approximately 15,900 circuit miles of transmission lines operated at 69 kV to 500 kV and approximately 1,300 substations.
Click here for more information about Entergy's transmission operations.
Entergy’s innovation group, KeyString Labs, is at the heart of developing customer-centric solutions. KeyString Labs exists to solve critical customer frictions for over 2.9 million residential and commercial customers by building new utility products and services. Through collaborating with customers, partners, and colleagues KeyString Labs builds a more robust, sustainable power network today and for future generations. KeyString Labs is headquartered in the Warehouse District of New Orleans.
Click here for more information about KeyString Labs.
- Entergy Arkansas, LLC
- Entergy Louisiana, LLC
- Entergy Mississippi, LLC
- Entergy New Orleans, LLC
- Entergy Texas, Inc.
- Entergy Nuclear
- Entergy Wholesale Commodities