Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 9,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and 13,500 employees.
At Entergy, we consistently strive to create sustainable value for our owners, customers, employees and communities. That concentrated focus drives the way we think as an organization. It enables us to effectively navigate through numerous transitions, both revolutionary and evolutionary, and still deliver on our commitments to our stakeholders.
Our two primary business segments include Utility operations and our Entergy Wholesale Commodities business:
The purpose of our Utility business is to grow by providing customers with low-emission, reliable energy at reasonable cost; superior service; a strict focus on safety; operational excellence and engaged employees.
- Entergy's electric utilities generate, transmit, distribute and sell electric power in a four-state service territory that includes portions of Arkansas, Mississippi, Texas and Louisiana, including the city of New Orleans. Entergy also operates natural gas distribution businesses in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.
- Approximately 22,000 MW generating capacity.
- Approximately 15,900 circuit miles of interconnected high-voltage transmission lines.
The purpose of our Entergy Wholesale Commodities business is to focus on best-in-class operational efficiency, safety, security and reliability while continually seeking to optimize our portfolio of assets in an ever-dynamic market.
- Three operating nuclear units owned at two sites.
- One gas facility.
- Two coal facilities.
- One nuclear plant managed.
Click here for more information about Entergy Wholesale Commodities.
More Information about Entergy's Scope of Operations:
Entergy Nuclear's fleet headquarters is located in Jackson, Miss. Entergy operates 9 units
with nearly 9,000 megawatts of nuclear capacity:
- Arkansas Nuclear One Units 1 and 2 near Russellville, Ark.
- Cooper in Brownville, Neb.*
- Grand Gulf Nuclear Station in Port Gibson, Miss.
- Indian Point Energy Center Units 2 & 3 in Westchester County, N.Y.
- Palisades in Covert, Mich.
- River Bend Station in St. Francisville, La.
- Waterford 3 in Taft, La.
* Owned by Nebraska Public Power District. Entergy provides management services.
- Entergy's regulated generation fleet includes plants that are fully or partially owned by Entergy's utility companies: Entergy Arkansas, LLC; Entergy Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, LLC; Entergy New Orleans, LLC; and Entergy Texas, Inc.
- This includes 29 active natural gas, coal, oil, hydroelectric and solar generating facilities spread across Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Mississippi, with the capacity to generate approximately 17,600 megawatts of power. The company currently is building two new power plants in Louisiana and one in Texas, and is acquiring a plant in Louisiana.
- Entergy also operates and maintains two petroleum coke-fired units at the Nelson Industrial Steam Company plant near Lake Charles, Louisiana; Toledo Bend Reservoir in Burkeville, Texas, a hydroelectric generating facility owned by the Sabine River Authorities of Texas and Louisiana; and a combined-cycle generating facility owned by East Texas Electric Cooperative and North Texas Electric Cooperative, located near Marshall, Texas.
- Entergy is a leader in clean generation. More than half of the energy we supply to meet utility demand comes from efficient natural gas-fired generation and clean nuclear generation.
Entergy's Transmission Organization consists of the employees and assets used to plan, operate and maintain Entergy’s transmission system. The Entergy transmission system is comprised of the transmission systems of Entergy's operating companies: Entergy Arkansas, LLC; Entergy Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, LLC; Entergy New Orleans, LLC; and Entergy Texas, Inc.
The Entergy transmission system is comprised of approximately 15,900 circuit miles of transmission lines operated at 69 kV to 500 kV and approximately 1,600 substations.
- Entergy Arkansas, LLC
- Entergy Louisiana, LLC
- Entergy Mississippi, LLC
- Entergy New Orleans, LLC
- Entergy Texas, Inc.
- Entergy Nuclear
- Entergy Wholesale Commodities