Notice to our Community Partners
Grants from Entergy's COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund to nonprofit partners will be processed by invitation only. Unsolicited applications cannot be accepted. However, nonprofit organizations that meet Entergy's eligibility criteria are welcome to submit an open grant application for any type of program, including those that may be COVID-19 related. Please include COVID-19 in the project title of any open grant applications that are related to the COVID-19 crisis.
Entergy’s Open Grants Program focuses on improving communities as a whole. We look for giving opportunities in the areas of arts and culture, community improvement/enrichment, the environment and healthy families. Educational initiatives are funded mainly through the Entergy Charitable Foundation. Proposals that primarily benefit low-income populations should be submitted to the Entergy Charitable Foundation, regardless of the program area.
Arts and Culture
The arts are expressions of ourselves – our heritage, feelings and ideas. To cultivate that, we support a diverse range of locally based visual arts, theater, dance and music institutions. Our long-term goal is to increase the access to contemporary art for a wider public, including children and the financially disadvantaged.
Entergy supports community-based projects that focus community enrichment and improvement. A few examples include civic affairs, blighted housing improvements, and neighborhood safety. By giving to communities in this way, we actually help them become more self-sufficient.
Children need a good start to grow into healthy, well-adjusted adults. With that in mind, we give to programs that have a direct impact on children educationally and emotionally. We’re also interested in family programs, like those that better prepare parents to balance the demands of work and home.
Please make sure to submit your application at least three months prior to the time the requested funds are needed. We receive many applications throughout the year, and we need to allow sufficient time to review each request carefully. Once you have submitted your application online, please allow at least 8 (eight) to 12 (twelve) weeks for review and notification of the result of your request. If by that time you have not been contacted by Entergy, please feel free to contact the appropriate contributions coordinator for your geographic area.
Applications should be submitted at least three months prior to the time the funding is needed.
- In considering requests for grants, priority is placed on programs in specific counties/parishes.
- If you have questions about this, please contact the Entergy contributions coordinator in your area.
Eligibility and Preferences
Grants will only be made to the following types of organizations:
- a public charity or private foundation that qualifies as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt entity
- a school, hospital, governmental unit or religious institution that holds nonprofit status similar to that of 501(c)(3) organizations
- a state or local government, but only if a donation thereto is made exclusively for public purposes
- a war-veterans organization that qualifies as a 501(c)(19) tax-exempt entity
- a volunteer fire department that qualifies as a 501(c)(4) tax-exempt entity
Entergy will NOT fund:
- Groups without 501(c)(3) or similar nonprofit status
- Payment of utility bills
- Capital project funding (i.e., building campaigns)
- Political candidates or groups
- Gala events, testimonials or fundraising meals, advertisements in programs or similar fundraising activities
- Purchase of uniforms, equipment, or trips for school-related organizations or amateur sports teams
- Activities whose sole purpose is promotion or support of a specific religion, denomination, or religious institution
- Grants to individuals or loans of any type
- Any organization owned or operated by an employee of Entergy
Open Grant applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Click here to apply.
ATTENTION Mississippi grantees: The deadline for open grants requests in Mississippi is April 1. You should have received correspondence from us regarding this new deadline. This important deadline allows us to be as strategic as possible in our giving efforts for the entire year.
For more information please call 504-576-6980.