Investing to provide reliable and affordable energy.
Entergy Texas has invested more than $1.4 billion over the past four years. Some of these major upgrades include:
- Improvements to power plant facilities.
- Enhancing the Lewis Creek Dam.
- Energizing $235 million in new transmission/substation projects.
- Upgrades to distribution facilities.
- Improving Entergy Texas's customer service systems.
$2 billion in future investment.
In addition to the investments made to date, Entergy Texas plans to invest nearly $2 billion over the next three years to improve how Entergy Texas serves our customers. Some of Entergy Texas' planned investment includes:
- Construction of the Montgomery County Power Station. The construction of this facility is estimated to provide nearly $1 billion in economic activity across Texas. Additionally, the facility will provide a reliable and cost-effective supply of electricity for a growing region, resulting in estimated savings of $1.7 billion over 30 years for Entergy Texas' customers.
- Major transmission projects that will drive economic growth and provide access to lower cost power.
- Replacing outdated equipment with new technology to improve reliability and the deployment of an advanced metering system that helps customers take greater control of their energy costs.