We take the health, safety and security of our customers and communities very seriously. One way we do that is by providing safe, reliable and affordable power. Know that we are here for you during this unprecedented time.

We recognize that many people who don’t normally need help are struggling now because of the pandemic. We have compiled resources below that may be helpful to you. Please don’t assume this is a complete list; there may be additional services available in your community.

Scams: There are many helpful resources available, but please remain attentive to information you receive and don’t fall victim to scams. Always go to trusted sources of information such as official websites or social media accounts for federal, state and local government for instructions and information specific to your community.

Utility Bill Payment Assistance

Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

LIHEAP assists eligible households with energy bills. If you need assistance, fill out the LIHEAP pre-application and/or contact your local agency for assistance.

The Power to Care

Low-income seniors and people with disabilities can apply for Entergy bill payment assistance through The Power to Care. Here is a list of agencies that can help you receive assistance from this program.

To speak to someone about your Entergy bill, call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749).

Additional Financial Assistance Resources

  • Mississippi Home Corp is now accepting applications. For more information, check it out at Emergency Rental Assistance Program. This funding can be used for rental assistance, rental arrears, as well as utilities and home energy costs including electricity, gas, water and sewer, and more.
  • Hinds County is now accepting applications for rental and utility assistance for renters who have been affected by COVID. For more information, go to Hinds County Emergency Rental Aid (HCERA) Program for details and to apply. If you are unable to complete an online application, call the Hinds County Rental Aid hotline at 601-514-0137.
  • The Home Saver Program offers assistance to mortgagors who are unemployed or substantially underemployed. For more information go to MS Home Saver.
  • Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funds help eligible individuals or families remain economically stable. Assistance may include help with rental or mortgage payments, employment placement or nutritional needs to name a few. Contact your local agency for assistance.
  • Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides cash to help meet basic needs.
  • Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides monthly benefits to help families buy food they need.

To determine eligibility or apply for SNAP or TANF, visit AccessMS.

Local Assistance

One of the following nonprofit organizations may be able to help you in the form of food services, bill payment assistance or other services. 

United Way of the Capital Area (Hinds, Madison and Rankin counties)

United Way North Central MS (Choctaw and Webster counties)

United Way West Central Mississippi (Claiborne, Issaquena, Sharkey and Warren counties)

Salvation Army

Government Resources

The following federal, state and local agencies and organizations provide helpful information. 

State Resources

Federal Resources

To make donations to any of these organizations, click links below: