We take the health, safety and security of our customers and communities very seriously. One way we do that is by providing safe, reliable and affordable power. Know that we are here for you during this unprecedented time.
We recognize that many people who don’t normally need help are struggling now because of the pandemic. We have compiled resources below that may be helpful to you. Please don’t assume this is a complete list; there may be additional services available in your community.
Scams: There are many helpful resources available, but please remain attentive to information you receive and don’t fall victim to scams. Always go to trusted sources of information such as official websites or social media accounts for federal, state and local government for instructions and information specific to your community.
One of the following nonprofit organizations may be able to help you in the form of food services, bill payment assistance or other services.
United Way of the Capital Area (Hinds, Madison and Rankin counties)
- People looking for help may dial 211 or 866-472-8265
- United Way of the Capital Area
- United Way of the Capital Area Facebook
United Way North Central MS (Choctaw and Webster counties)
United Way West Central Mississippi (Claiborne, Issaquena, Sharkey and Warren counties)
- United Way of West Central Mississippi
- United Way of West Central Mississippi Facebook
- United Way Vicksburg
- Salvation Army Vicksburg Facebook 601-456-4444
- Salvation Army Greenwood Facebook 662-455-9679
- Salvation Army Cleveland Facebook 601-961-7711 or email
- Salvation Army Greater Jackson Metro Area Facebook 601-982-4881
- Salvation Army McComb Facebook 601-600-2020
- Go to The Salvation Army to find a location near you.
Utility Bill Payment Assistance
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
The Power to Care
Low-income seniors and people with disabilities can apply for Entergy bill payment assistance through The Power to Care. Here is a list of agencies that can help you receive assistance from this program.
To speak to someone about your Entergy bill, call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749).
Additional Financial Assistance Resources
- The Home Saver Program offers assistance to mortgagors who are unemployed or substantially underemployed. For more information go to MS Home Saver.
- Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funds help eligible individuals or families remain economically stable. Assistance may include help with rental or mortgage payments, employment placement or nutritional needs to name a few. Contact your local agency for assistance.
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides cash to help meet basic needs.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) provides monthly benefits to help families buy food they need.
To determine eligibility or apply for SNAP or TANF, visit AccessMS
Food service industry workers emergency financial assistance
The following federal, state and local agencies and organizations provide helpful information.
- State of Mississippi
- Mississippi State Department of Health
- Mississippi Department of Human Services
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency FAQs
- Mississippi Department of Employment Security
- Mississippi Department of Education
- Mississippi Public Universities
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Internal Revenue Service
- Department of Homeland Security
- Ready.Gov Emergency Preparedness