We're here to work directly with you on any bill concerns. Please call us at 1-800-368-3749. Customers may experience longer than usual wait times when calling our customer service line.
We take the health, safety and security of our customers and communities very seriously. One way we do that is by providing safe, reliable and affordable power. Know that we are here for you during this unprecedented time.
We recognize that many people who don’t normally need help are struggling now because of this pandemic.
Note: There are many helpful resources available, but please remain attentive to information you receive and don’t fall victim to scams. Always go to trusted sources of information such as official websites or social media accounts for federal, state and local government for instructions and information specific to your community.
One of the following nonprofit organizations may be able to help you in the form of food services, bill payment assistance or other services.
United Way of Southeast Louisiana
Customers looking for help may dial 1.866.221.9966
- Salvation Army Family Store or call 504-835-7130
- Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary New Orleans or call 504-891-8635
- Salvation Army of Greater New Orleans Facebook or call 504 899-4569
Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana
- COVID-19 updates
- Volunteers of America Southeast Louisiana Facebook or call (504) 482-2130
Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Archdiocesan Council of New Orleans
- St. Vincent de Paul site
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul New Orleans Facebook or call (504) 827-5842
- New Orleans St. Vincent de Paul assistance programs
Food service industry workers emergency financial assistance
- Jefferson Parish Grab and Go Meal Locations
- NORD Hot Dinner Locations/ Orleans Parish Grab and Go Meal Locations
- Plaquemines Parish Grab and Go Meal Locations
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- St. Bernard Parish Grab and Go Meal Locations
- WIC call 1.888.342.6207
Financial Assistance for Individuals
Financial Assistance for Businesses
Utility Bill Payment Assistance
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
LIHEAP assists eligible households with utility bills. LIHEAP is funded through the federal government and works with the community action agencies to help customers pay for and keep electric service in their homes. To schedule an appointment to see if you qualify for assistance, call Total Community Action at (504) 324-8609.
The Power to Care
Low-income seniors and customers with disabilities can apply for Entergy bill payment assistance through The Power to Care. Inquiries on applying for The Power to Care should be directed to the New Orleans Council on Aging (NOCOA) at (504) 821-4121.
The following federal, state and local agencies and organizations provide helpful information.
- BESE-Louisiana State Board Of Elementary And Secondary Education (School closings, Alternative Methods of Instruction (AMI) information for public and higher education)
- Louisiana Department of Revenue for tax returns
- LOUISIANA.GOV for drivers and vehicle licensing and more (search COVID-19 for special notices)
- Louisiana Department of Emergency Services (health resources, unemployment, COVID-19 Facts and Myths)
- Louisiana Department of Health
- Louisiana Workforce Commission (unemployment)
Human Services Programs
- Children's Health Coverage Programs In Louisiana
- Louisiana Department Of Children And Family Services - to report Child Abuse Call 1-855-4LA-KIDS (1-855-452-5437) toll-free, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Louisiana Disaster-Assistance
- Louisiana Medicaid Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Department of Homeland Security
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Ready.Gov Emergency Preparedness