Bill Payment Information
Effective March 13, Entergy Louisiana has suspended electric and natural gas service disconnections for nonpayment and has waived late fees until further notice.
Customers who are able should continue paying their bills to keep the balance from accumulating to an unmanageable level as they are ultimately responsible for the utility services accrued during this suspension.
If you cannot pay your bill in full, enhanced financial relief options can be accessed through Entergy Louisiana MyAccountOnline or the automated call system through 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749) for assistance with payment arrangements. This moratorium does not include disconnections unrelated to nonpayment. Other flexible payment options such as level billing and pick-a-date can be found at entergylouisiana.com/billing-options/.
There are also additional bill payment assistance programs that can help. The federally funded Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps low-income households meet their home energy costs by making payments on a customer’s behalf directly to energy suppliers. There is also The Power to Care, an Entergy Louisiana program that helps senior citizens and customers with disabilities pay their utility bills.
Resources to Help You
We take the health, safety and security of our customers and communities very seriously. One way we do that is by providing safe, reliable and affordable power. Know that we are here for you during this unprecedented time.
We recognize that many people who do not normally need help are struggling now because of the pandemic. We have compiled a list of resources, but there are others we may have missed as more programs and information become available.
Watch out for scams: There are many helpful resources available, but please remain attentive to information you receive and do not fall victim to scams. Always go to trusted sources of information such as official websites or social media accounts for federal, state and local government for instructions and information specific to your community. Entergy Louisiana never demands immediate payment from customers over the phone.
State of Louisiana Resources Roundup
- School closings, Alternative Methods of Instruction (AMI) information for public and higher education: BESE-Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Tax returns Louisiana Department of Revenue
- Drivers and vehicle licensing and more (search COVID-19 for special notices): gov
- Helpful links for health resources, unemployment, COVID-19 Facts and Myths Louisiana Department of Emergency Services
- COVID-19 Health Information: Louisiana Department of Health (to view in another language, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Select Language”)
- Nutrition: Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Special Supplemental Nutrition Program-LA
- Unemployment: Louisiana Workforce Commission
- Human Services Programs
- Locations of free Wi-Fi around the state – Wi-Fi sites across Louisiana
Financial Resources for Money Management Information and Banking Resources
- Louisiana Bankers Association – COVID-19 financial resources
- Internal Revenue Service – Economic Impact payments
- Consumer Credit - Louisiana – Financial stability tips
Louisiana Nonprofit Resources
- United Ways in Louisiana
- Capital Area United Way - Baton Rouge
- United Way of Iberia - New Iberia
- Louisiana Association of United Ways - Baton Rouge
- United Way of Northeast Louisiana - Monroe
- St. John United Way - Reserve
- United Way of Northwest Louisiana - Shreveport
- Landry Evangeline United Way - Opelousas
- United Way of Southeast Louisiana - New Orleans
- United Way for South Louisiana - Houma
- United Way of Southeast Louisiana - Tangipahoa
- United Way of Acadiana - Lafayette
- United Way of Southwest Louisiana - Lake Charles
- United Way of Central Louisiana - Alexandria
- United Way of St. Charles - St. Charles Parish - Luling
- Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana
- Salvation Army of Monroe
- Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank
- Salvation Army of Baton Rouge
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Our Daily Bread
- Salvation Army of New Orleans
- Salvation Army of Houma
- Abraham’s Tent
- Salvation Army of Lafayette
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Department of Homeland Security
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Gov Emergency Preparedness
Small Business Resources
- A special economic development page for Louisiana businesses can be found here: entergy.com/covid-19/lasmbiz
NOTE: Entergy Louisiana created a resource hub to connect customers to information, tools and opportunities that could help them during the COVID-19 pandemic. This hub provides information on the federal Coronavirus, Aid, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provisions and programs as well as COVID-19 resources from state and regional partners. The hub of resources can be found at entergy.com/covid-19 or by going to the main Entergy website.